Testimonial: Rob and Kathy Mackay
It is with utmost pleasure that we submit this letter of appreciation to recognize the phenomenal work done by yourself and your K2 crew in the recent construction of our new home at 77 Beech Crescent, The Slopes Subdivision, Lake Cowichan, B.C.
From our initial meeting, we have been impressed with your business ethic and meticulous attention to detail. The quality of both your construction quotes and contract agreement were far above the level provided by any of the three other contractors that we solicited for bids. This level of detail made it very easy to understand and make desired adjustments to each phase of the building process. It also made the application for our course of construction mortgage a breeze, the bank specifically commented on the impressive level of detail and quality of the contracts.
I will admit to finding it a bit odd where your construction agreement had us going to specific companies and speaking to a specific individual to select cabinets, carpets etc. We quickly came to appreciate two things; you only referred us to quality, first class businesses and the high regard that absolutely everyone in the local business community has for K2, right down to the point that while selecting our cabinet design, the sales lady pointed out … “This is the way Kevin likes us to build it!”
During each of our regularly scheduled weekly site meetings, it was very clear that K2 runs a professional, efficient and safety oriented job site. At no time through this whole process did our confidence in K2 waiver, it was only more reinforced when we saw how cheerfully all tradesmen went about their work, clearly enjoying and taking pride in their individual jobs. At the risk of unintentionally missing any one person or trade, I would like to make particular mention of your crew;
– Rick Porter â€“ Foreman, Clearly an extremely proficient tradesman, his easy going nature so easily resolved all the day to day challenges. All of Rickâ€™s sound recommendations and fine tuning solutions were logical and easy to understand. This has resulted in a final product that is clearly superior to the original design.
– Steve â€“ Finishing carpenter, Thank you so much for those very innovative enclosures around the power panels, we are all relieved that you did not electrocute yourself in the process! I know Kathy will be enjoying your window seat for years to come.
– Jared, your acid washed cement floors look fantastic. I think it safe to say that you were the only person at that meeting that actually knew what â€œSumatraâ€ looked like!
– Mike and Sheldon â€“ Siding, The final product looks great! There is no doubt in my mind that your job installing â€œhardie shinglesâ€ will result in future home owners asking for something similar.
– Steve Bell, that â€œside jobâ€ you did on the weekends installing tiles in our bathrooms and around the fireplace turned out fantastic.
– Malcolm from Gillingham cabinets, John for all the electrical, Ken for a great job installing the flooring, roofing, plumbing, painting, gyproc installation and prep, duct work for central air from Exchange Energyâ€¦ the list goes on, what is now very clear to me is exactly how many trades are actually involved and how impressive it is that yourself and Rick are able to so seamlessly coordinate the whole thing.
I am also sending some pictures that do a great job capturing the process, please feel free to use these along with this letter however you see fit toward a very well deserved strong recommendation. Should the need ever arise; we would be pleased to speak with any potential clients about our very positive experience with K2.
Your home ownerâ€™s package that included all documentation and a complete list of tradesmen contact info was much appreciated. Thanks again for building us such a wonderful and solid home.
Rob and Kathy Mackay.